Welcome to the official website of the Dothan Area Cyclists! DAC is an active bicycle club covering Dothan, Alabama and the surrounding Tri-State area. The club offers something for all age and ability levels. We invite everyone with an interest in cycling to join and take part in the variety of activities offered by the club. We look forward to seeing you on our rides!
One of the desires as a club is to encourage and assist cyclists as they learn and grow in cycling, no mater if you ride for enjoyment or as a sport. Following along that line, we have come up with a list of tips for cyclists that well feel will be helpful to anyone, no matter how many years you may have ridden. We all need to be reminded from time to time about proper riding techniques and obeying the rules of the road.
This website is maintained to keep you informed of DAC and other cycling events in the area. There is almost always a ride going on. If you are looking for an impromptu weekend ride, check out the DAC Facebook group. Be sure to keep an eye on the News section of this page also for details on other club and cycling-related happenings and information.
Regular club meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 PM at various locations. Check emails and the Facebook page for current month location.
News and Upcoming Events:
Our Local Ride Series Events will begin again after the Daylight Savings Time change on March 12, 2017 and we have sufficient daylight to complete the designated routes/distances. Keep an eye out on our Facebook pages for the latest updates and also for individual ad hoc ride postings. We will introduce the routes with rides before we go live with the weekday dates.
- Monday Night Series will begin rolling from Grace Point Church (formerly Beulah Baptist) ride begins at 5:30 PM for a 7 mile route. This is a great ride for new riders or riders wanting to ease back into some saddle time.
- Tuesday Night Series departs from Dale County High School promptly at 5:30 PM
- Thursday Night Series departure location is being set, the rides will depart promptly at 5:30 PM
- Jon Jam Ambucs Benefit ride is scheduled for March 4th. Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- The Tour De Ranch Ride returns this year and is scheduled for April 1st.
- The Alabama Backroads Series Century rides are scheduled and have begun opening for registrations. DAC has been well represented at the events in the past but we can always use additional riders to “show the colors”! The DAC Facebook page has lots of pictures featuring DAC riders from the rides completed so far. Hope to see you out there at one of the upcoming rides. Click the Organized Southeastern Rides link below for links to the registration sites for them and other rides.
The complete listing of Organized Southeastern Rides is being updated and will be posted when complete.